Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Pretty Girl and some Eggs


Two things happened recently.  The first happened Sunday as we were getting ready for church.  While I was putting on my make up, Ali decided she wanted to be "pretty," too, so I would pretend to put make up on her.  As I finished up with mascara, I pretended to put some on her.  She promptly took the closed mascara and left the room, which she often does.  She can't open it.  Or so I thought.

A few minutes later Cade yelled from his room, "Mom!  Come look at Ali!"  Thinking she was climbing on the bed I said, "Ok - just a minute!"  A few minutes later came another reminder to go look at her.  So I did and this is what I saw --









Thankfully, the damage was minimal.  She kept it mostly on her face and only got a little on the bed and her clothes.  I was just glad it was Stake Conference so we had a little more time to get ready than usual, especially since Tyler was working.

On another note, we went out yesterday morning to feed and water the chickens.  We've been expecting eggs for about a month now and check for them almost every day.  Just as we were wondering if we've been doing something wrong, the kids and I found this:


                            

We are so excited!!!  I thought Cade was going to start turning cartwheels, he was so happy.  Hopefully there will be a lot more to come!



1 comments:

Winn Family on September 22, 2009 at 6:02 PM said...

HA HA! She is so so cute! And HOORAY FOR EGGS! I'm super super happy for you guys!

Post a Comment