Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ali you are 3.


Yesterday Cade told me he wanted to make something special for Ali for her birthday, so he drew this for her, rolled it up and tied it with a ribbon to give her today.  She loved it - but I think I probably love it more.





This was right after she opened her other gift from Cade - one of his toys he went and stuck in a bag for her.  Really, I couldn't ask for more loving kids.  I am so blessed they love each other so much.

This year Ali decided she wanted a Belle cake... even though she's never seen Beauty and the Beast.  We were looking for cakes and she saw a princess that was Belle, and that's what she wanted.  So, here's my first attempt at doing a princess cake.  I was pretty happy with it.  I could have used more icing, but all in all not bad for my first time.  

Seeing her smiling at it and admiring it and loving it made staying up until 2:00 in the morning to finish it well worth it.


On Saturday we had a party at Grandma and Grandpa's since everyone was together for the Christmas party.  That was a lot of fun!


Since today was her birthday, we did lots of fun things today, too.  Ali got to open presents this morning, then later we had some birthday cookies.  Due to all the treats we get this time of year, I wasn't going to make another sugary snack to have hanging around the house so we stuck a candle in a plate of cookies we got last night (thanks, Pilkingtons!) and the kids loved it.


The rest of the day was spent playing together and having all kinds of fun.  Oh - almost forgot.  Ali wanted to be Belle today.  What do you think?

Also, I was really excited about Ali's gift I made her.  What little kid doesn't need their own pair of oven mitts for their play kitchen?!  Maybe one day she'll like them more than she seemed to today.  :)


For her special birthday dinner she picked cereal.  

Life.  And freshly juiced oranges.





2 comments:

Jessica on December 22, 2010 at 7:16 AM said...

I love everything about this post. You did a great job on the cake and what an adorable little Ali! I love her! You're nice.

Jay and Sherrie on December 23, 2010 at 12:16 PM said...

ummm...I love her. How in the world is she already 3?

And the cake and mitts look amazing!

Post a Comment