Friday, January 7, 2011

Guess Who's Expecting...?


I know what you're thinking -

It's not me.  It's our goats.  Yeah, that's what I said.  Our goats.



The white one is Gibraltar - the only male.  We have 4 females that we think are due around March.  How did we end up with these, you ask?  A little Christmas money and a GREAT deal.  That's how.  Pretty soon we'll be able to have fresh milk, which also means fresh cheese and yogurt.  Mmmmm....

We also added this little beauty to our family farm.  

Her name is Lina - as in South Carolina.  Because that's where she came from.

And because she's a girl, she is naturally Ali's best friend.

She's a Pyrenees/Anatolian mix.  That means she will get really big and guard our animals.  And stay outside.

We also went on a family boot shopping trip because, let's face it, we need them.  When you've got animals to take care of, you've got messes to walk through.

Eliza will get hers when she stops eating dirt.  And starts walking, I guess.

4 comments:

Jay and Sherrie on January 8, 2011 at 12:14 PM said...

What fun new adventures around your place. You guys are great!

Jacqueline on January 9, 2011 at 1:48 PM said...

You GA Mitchells make me so jealous! I want a farm in a secluded area! Not so much goats but I would take some cows. =)

Winn Family on January 9, 2011 at 4:01 PM said...

ha ha ha--love it! I totally thought you were prego at first--good job on that fake out :) Also love the boots! you guys are the coolest!!!

James, Amber, Wyatt & Eliza on January 15, 2011 at 12:59 AM said...

So much fun! I'm jealous!

Post a Comment