Monday, April 27, 2009

Happy Birthday, Cade!




With all the fun and excitement we've have this last week, the kids are in bed early tonight so I wanted to go ahead and post a "happy birthday" for my little boy.  Four years ago tonight I was packing my bag and heading over to the hospital to be induced.

My mom had just flown in that morning and went with us to my last ultrasound.  Being the last Mitchell woman who hadn't given birth yet, I was determined NOT to have a c-section like my 3 sisters-in-law.  My wonderful doctor did everything he could for me to help me attain that goal... but, unfortunately, I joined their ranks.  (I say "unfortunately," but I am so very grateful that I was able to have the c-section.  If we had been living 100 years ago, who knows what would have happened to either of us.  Plus, I now have the convenience of scheduling my children's births and avoiding labor).

What was really amusing was that the attending was the same doctor who delivered McKenzie, Kyler, Karlee, Kavan, Collin AND Samantha.  The only cousins missing from the line up were born near Atlanta.  He asked me, "Didn't you know what you were getting yourself into when you married a Mitchell?  They marry these tiny women and then put babies with big heads in them!"  (Our situation was a little different, but it was amusing nonetheless)

It's hard to believe that much time has passed already.  My little baby boy is no baby any more.  He's a Sunbeam in primary.  He knows his letters and what sounds they make (for the most part).  He dresses himself and wears glasses.  He helps with the chickens and takes care of his rabbit.  He reads books (from memory) to his little sister, knows sign language and can count to 13.  I'm so lucky to be his mom.  I know he is here for something truly great.

Happy birthday, Cade!

A few hours old...
One year old...
Two years old...
Three years old...
Today...
We love you!

1 comments:

Cassidy on April 28, 2009 at 4:55 PM said...

Happy Birthday Cade! We love you!

Love,
Uncle Micah, Sassy, and Baby McKenzie

Post a Comment