Monday, February 1, 2010

Homemade Nursing Pads


As my belly gets larger and our savings account gets smaller, I've been looking for ways for us to save some cash.  With my due date approaching, I've been thinking of all the things we'll need for the new baby.  Being our third child, we don't need much, but there are still some essentials that need to be replenished.

We're already set with diapers since we decided to do cloth with our daughter almost 2 years ago.  But as I was cleaning out our bathroom closet I came across a box of nursing pads and thought about how frustrating it is to buy those things over and over.  I looked briefly at buying cloth ones while I was still nursing before, but the cost seemed to not be worth it at the time since I was nearly finished needing them.  This time around Tyler reminded me I could probably just make my own, so I did a search for patterns and came across this link from Passionate Homemaking.  Just what I was looking for!  The best part?  It cost me just over $2 to buy the fleece, but I had everything else on hand.  Even better is that that $2 in fleece is going a long way to make a ton of nursing pads.

Obviously, I don't know yet how well they do, but it sounds like it should work out.  I am really happy with how mine turned out (should have taken a picture...) and excited to try it out!

1 comments:

Winn Family on February 7, 2010 at 3:48 PM said...

you're awesome...and seriously--my idol with the fact that you did cloth diapers and now are all set with diapers (ooooh hind site). And nursing pads now? I think I'll be asking you how you did those. good job thinking ahead!

Post a Comment