Monday, August 9, 2010

Kindergarten


So today was the big day... Cade's first day of Kindergarten.  He was quite excited to get on the bus.  Until it came.  Then he was a little nervous.  All the cousins lined up youngest to oldest so he was the first one on and wasn't quite sure what to do, so he would stop and look back while everyone yelled, "Get on, Cade!"

Needless to say, I was a little emotional and cried the whole way back to the house.  My baby!  While he is growing up so fast, he is still so small to be on such a big bus, driving away somewhere where he will be gone all day.  Like a day job.  He's only 5.  Home for dinner and that's it.  I'm having a tough time with it.  But I do hope he has fun and enjoys his time there.  Can't wait to hear how it went.








 This has got to be one of my favorite pictures.  She's giving him a kiss goodbye.




3 comments:

Cassidy on August 9, 2010 at 6:05 PM said...

Cute! I love how Ali has her backpack and lunchbox too :)

The Schaefermeyer Family! on August 11, 2010 at 11:09 PM said...

I cry even thinking about this day! He looks so happy and brave! Hope his first day was wonderful!

Pop Tart on August 30, 2010 at 4:11 PM said...

He's handsome for sure! You'll have to keep him away from the other kindergarten "chicks!"
The picture of Ali kissing him goodbye is not unfamiliar to when Cassie hugged and kissed you goodbye. You couldn't wait to get on the bus...(I cried that day too)

Post a Comment