Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Easiest Decor Ever


I am so excited about this "wreath" I just made and HAD to share it!
Materials needed:
-one old frame
-scraps of fabric
-hot glue gun
-paint (optional)

I have wanted a springtime wreath to hang on my front door since forever.  I'm just too cheap to spend money on one.  I was reading a crafting blog and she made a "wreath" out of paper and it inspired me to do dig out some of my old stuff and give it a new life.

First, the kids helped me throw some paint we had leftover from the living room on an old frame I've had sitting in the closet just waiting for something like this.  Then I cut some strips of fabric, rolled them and glued them to look like flowers, glued them on the frame when the paint was dry and then cut some more fabric and wrapped it around the frame to hang it up.  Viola!




The only problem now is that I can't decide where to put it.  I made it to go outside, 
(please ignore the ugly door with chipped paint)

but I love looking at it so much that I moved it inside for a little while and it looks great there, too!

Don't you just love it?!


3 comments:

Jacqueline on March 9, 2011 at 11:05 PM said...

Very cool!

Jessica on March 10, 2011 at 6:55 AM said...

I do love it! Good job!

Jay and Sherrie on March 10, 2011 at 10:38 AM said...

You are so creative. It is great.

Post a Comment