Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Utah. The Rest of It.




Ok, I think I'm ready to finish my story.

We were able to fly out thanks to my grandma.  She wanted to put together a family reunion and wanted EVERYONE there.  Since Tyler just graduated and we had $100 to our name (but no debt!), there was no way we could afford to come out otherwise.  So, thanks Grandma!

We mostly stayed with my dad, but spent the first weekend with my mom.  We took the kids to Kangaroo Zoo:

Then went to a breakfast/parade the next morning.






My mom bought all the girls matching dresses.

This was during the parade.  I love that my kids love each other so much.  :)

Then we headed back to my dad's house.  My awesome sister stayed the night pretty much wherever I was so we could have lots of late night chats.  Thanks, Micah for letting me steal her!


The kids wanted to build bird nests.  And then put birds in them.  These 3 are complete with a chicken, a robin and a sparrow.  They stayed for a day, then apparently flew off to find food or something.

We went to the local aquarium and had lots of fun looking into giant crystal balls.
 I think this was actually jelly fish.


Then Papa got to share his love of music with the kids.  Cade especially loved it.  He would be the first one up every morning and the two of them would sing, "I Wish I Was A Fuzzy, Wuzzy Bear..." and make up their own lyrics as well.  It's a song my grandpa used to sing with us and I'm glad my kids get to experience it as well.


We were going to miss my niece's birthday, so we did a little pre-party party at Jungle Jim's.  It's a great place my sister and I always went to when we were little.  It hasn't changed a bit.  They have little rides for the kids like a carousel, bumper cars and roller coaster.  The roller coaster is my favorite.  :)

Here are the yungin's enjoying their cupcakes. 






And then, of course was the big reunion.  I haven't seen some of my cousins for at least 10 years, so it was great to get together again.  

My grandma is very patriotic.  Very.  Her entire house is red, white and blue.  Inside and out.  So Eliza's cute outfit for pictures was this little beauty:
 And she's all wet from running on a homemade slip-n-slide. 

We had cupcakes in celebration of everyone's birthdays that we all miss every year.

Who knew the icing would stain your teeth?
 My cousin, Rachel showing off her beautiful smile.

And Grandma, who made all of it possible.  She had a blue cupcake.

And here's the whole group together!

Thank you everyone for a fantastic time!  Especially Grandma for getting us out there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment