Monday, August 8, 2011

Utah Trip (part 1)


We were able to go to Utah last month and I'm just now getting around to writing about it.  Who knew life was so busy with 3.5 kids?  Whew!  We did a lot, and I'm not going to bore you with a million details.  I'm mainly breaking up the posting of our vacation because it's late and I'm too tired to post all the pictures.

So, for now here's our first day there.  The kids and I flew out a week before Tyler.  We were SO SO SO lucky enough to meet up with some of the best friends I've ever have.  They were in Utah to photograph a wedding and their last day there was my first day there.  OK, so I begged them to stay until I got there so I could see them.  And they are so crazy awesome that they obliged.  Thank you so much - I love you!

We just met up for dinner at the local Chuck-A-Rama.
 Sherrie and I have both had another baby girl since the last time we saw each other, so this was their first meeting.


 All our kids together.





Ethan and Ali.  He was totally willing to hold her hand as we tried to get them to reenact this shot,
but Ali was a little shy.  Look how tiny they were!  They don't remember how much they liked each other.  Oh, well.

Anyway, it was a fabulous meeting and I can't wait to do it again.  Only maybe next time, Eliza won't have a blow-out diaper all over her clothes and mine.  That part was not so fabulous.  Memorable, but not fabulous.  We stayed out in the parking lot talking until probably almost 9:00, not getting the kids in bed until after 10:00.  Salt Lake time.  That's after midnight our time.  Thankfully, no one was super-super cranky and it was well worth the craziness.  

Now I've got to get to bed.  More to come on our trip.  Soon, hopefully.    

1 comments:

Jay and Sherrie on August 10, 2011 at 1:19 PM said...

We wouldn't miss seeing you for the world, and especially not by a day. It was so great to see you again! We love you!

Post a Comment