Tuesday, November 8, 2011

New House Update


I know you're all dying to know how the house is coming along.  We were able to close 2 weeks earlier than expected and so work has begun!

We are so blessed to have such awesome friends and family who have come up to help a ton.  I kind of feel useless because I can't do anything right now in the house, but we should be painting sometime this week, and then I can actually contribute something.

Here are some shots of the house after demolition and before primer.

Standing at the front door looking in.  Where the paneling is is where the kitchen is.

Standing by the fireplace looking back at the front door.

One of the bedrooms


Master bedroom looking in from hallway

Standing in master bedroom, looking at bathroom, closet, door to hallway

Looking back down the hallway

A few trees down in the backyard just around the house.  We have to clear out a bunch to get gutters up.

A few more trees down.  :)

Kids entertaining themselves in the front yard.  They don't usually play on the dumpster. 

Now for some after shots:

The same red bedroom pictured above, only this time with Kilz from ceiling to floor.

Master bedroom

Master room again looking at closet and door to hall

Looking down the hall to the bedrooms.  What a difference it makes to get rid of all that red!

I know Tyler appreciates me posting this, but I just want to say how lucky I am to have such a hard-working husband.  After using the paint sprayer it looked like he was wearing white mascara.  Not to mention all the paint everywhere else.
But, seriously, he has been stopping at the house every night until 10 or 11 to work on it and all day both Saturdays since we bought it.  I can't believe how much work is done.  Thank you so much to everyone who has come to help.  Especially my father-in-law who has been driving up and staying in his camper to help my wonderful husband get our house ready for us.  I really married into a fantastic family!

More to come soon!

5 comments:

Winn Family on November 8, 2011 at 2:52 PM said...

FOR REALS!!!! That red being gone makes a gigantic difference!!! And wow--that is so much work he's done. WAY TO BE TYLER!!!

Linda on November 8, 2011 at 3:18 PM said...

Zowie! What a difference in the room getting rid of that red! I can't wait to see the difference in the BLACK room!

Jennifer Sharpe on November 8, 2011 at 5:53 PM said...

It looks so good already! So exciting! I'm totally inviting my self over when it's done : )

Jay and Sherrie on November 9, 2011 at 11:29 PM said...

YAY!!!! I'm so happy for you guys. So much hard work and it looks amazing! Can't wait to see more.

Shari Davis on November 11, 2011 at 9:45 PM said...

Looks amazing!!!! Great job!! By the way, your kids are adorable!

Post a Comment