Thursday, November 17, 2011

PAINT!



Finally!  We've been able to start painting the house.  I say "finally" like we've been waiting an eternity.  It's only been 3 weeks I think since we bought it, but I haven't been able to help at all and finally have a chance to get to work on something in the house.

First I took the kids to pick out colors for their rooms.  Of course, the girls got pink.  Chantilly Lace to be exact.  Cade picked green.  Since he is color deficient (color blind - he sees colors differently than the rest of us), I let him pick out every single green sample card he liked, then I narrowed it down to the top 4 I'd be OK with, then let him pick out the final color.  He went with Safari Green.  Mainly because he knew with a name like that, it must be perfect for an animal-themed room.

My AWESOME grandma flew out for two days to help me get started.
She did all the trim to save me from having to bend over and climb so much.  She also kept me company, helped round up children and babysat while Tyler and I ran to Lowe's and Home Depot several times without having to load up the van full of children.



I just love Eliza's picture smile.  :)

We wrote their names on the floor so that one day far, far, far into the future if carpet needs to be ripped out and replaced, we can see them and smile.

This is how the kids looked most of the week.  Actually, she looks pretty good in this picture.  Their faces were covered in a combination of dirt, juice and other sticky messes that I'm unsure of how they came about.  Not to mention snot (and dirt) running out of noses, plus a nice scrape on the face from one tumble too many down the oh-so-awesome concrete ramp we have out the front door.

 So thank you, Mems for coming out and helping SO MUCH. Love you!


Remember that black entryway?  And the nice '70s wood paneling?  Here we are all primered and ready for paint!  Isn't it amazing?!  Actually, I do have all this painted now, but I haven't taken my camera back up to the house for some pictures.  Soon, I promise.
So, for two days I had some help painting from my grandma and was able to get the kids' rooms done.  Then, the last 4 days I've been able to do the master bedroom and bathroom, the hallway, the kitchen and dining room and the living room.  I'm pretty thrilled considering I'm 7 and a half months pregnant.

OH!  I almost forgot.  In all the excitement, Cade has been working on a few of his loose teeth and we finally got one out!  Thank goodness for Aunt Lorrie the dental hygienist who enjoys doing that kind of thing.




5 comments:

Cassidy on November 17, 2011 at 11:13 PM said...

Looks great! I love Eliza's smiley face :) And Micah said since Cade's room is safari themed, you should get a darker green and stencil leaves around the bottom. Not sure if you're up for more work, but he thought it'd be a cool idea. Love you! Can't wait to see your house in person someday!

Jay and Sherrie on November 17, 2011 at 11:24 PM said...

It looks so great. You guys are amazing.

Shari Davis on November 18, 2011 at 12:30 PM said...

look amazing!!! Great job!!! Also, you and your kids are adorable!!

The Schaefermeyer Family! on November 18, 2011 at 6:19 PM said...

You are wonder woman! Seriously! I need some of your energy! I painted our basement 8 months pregnant with Mas and I didn't have three other children to chase around at the time! I'm excited to see all the fun paint!

Winn Family on December 21, 2011 at 10:10 PM said...

for real! It looks so so great. You guys are champions! And good job not going into early labor with all your hard work! Sounds like baby #4 knows a thing or two about timing!

Post a Comment