Sunday, May 31, 2009

New Bag, New Board, New 'Do


Just wanted to post a few pictures of some fun projects I've finished recently (for all my family who don't get to see them ;) )

First, I wanted to use up some material I've had for a few years and decided to attempt making a bag to keep our library books and whatever else I can in it.









Also, for about 3 years I've been looking for a frame that would do for an excellent chalkboard in our kitchen.  I had seen it done in a Cottage Living magazine, and ever since then I've been searching every yard sale and Goodwill I could to find that perfect frame.  Finally, it happened.  Our ward had a yard sale for the Boy Scouts to raise money and there it was.  So...

Before:

and after...

Don't judge me on painting over a picture of the temple.  I turned it over, ok?  I've already got a lot of pictures of the temple hanging up.
And, finally, my new hair cut.  I've been growing it out for the last two years or so and was finally ready for a change.  Actually, I've been ready for a change for a few months, but Tyler forgot how much he liked my hair long so he kept begging me to keep it.  This last week it's gotten really quite warm here and that was the last straw for me.  It's just too hot in Georgia to keep hair too long.  So...
Before-
Look how much came off!  (The pine straw was from picking it up off the ground outside.  I swear it wasn't growing in there)


and now...


4 comments:

Will+Candace Fox on June 1, 2009 at 10:03 AM said...

i love the new haircut very pretty!

Julie on June 1, 2009 at 10:13 AM said...

Very cute! Cute bag, cute chalkboard, and cute haircut! I love it, but you hair always looks good!

Cassidy on June 1, 2009 at 1:26 PM said...

I love the bag, the board and the new do. And I'm TOTALLY judging you for painting on the temple, you sinner you... lol jk. That frame looks great!!

Jessica on June 9, 2009 at 6:34 PM said...

You. Are. So. Hot. When I saw you on Sunday, I wanted to run up to you and tell you how beautiful you looked. The problem was that it was during Sacrament meeting. Tyler is one lucky fellow. I love it.

Also, love the bag. I want to copy it. Only I'd use a different letter. Obviously.

Post a Comment